Even our young children are already part of the digital world and need to know how to safely thrive in it. They know how to use the Internet to have fun. We need to teach our students how to use it to learn not just by looking stuff up, but by participating in online experiences. It is possible to teach digital citizenship while we teach reading, writing, math etc.
- Think through the safety standards you want for your age group
- Written permission – Form my division uses (Click on Students, then Student/Media Privacy Form)
- SHOW parents what you want to do, what safety measures you have in place.
- Know your community’s norms
- Directly teach appropriate online behavior, then reinforce it often.
Be a Respectful Learner
- Digital Portfolios